At Uptown Brain Injury and Pain Management, we created a comprehensive treatment center for all things related to Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and concussion.
TBI: Affecting More Than Just the Brain
The effects of traumatic brain injury are rarely confined within the brain itself. There are physical, physiological, neurological and psychological components of TBI, making it challenging both to diagnose and treat.
- Difficulty completing daily tasks
- Compromise physical ability and performance
- Negative impact on self-esteem
- Headache and neck pain
- Visual disturbance
- Depression, mood swings adn fatigue
- Sleep disturbance
- Memory loss
- Attention and focus difficulties
- Learning deficiencies
- Loss of smell and taste
Delayed effects of TBI can include: Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease and Seizures